Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

2002 cadilac dhs 4.6 / 1-2 shift is delayed and very

Customer Question
violent. has codes p0741 /...
2002 cadilac dhs 4.6 / 1-2 shift is delayed and very violent. has codes p0741 / p0752 / p1842 checked tsb and performed drivability test duty cycle does is not going up and slip rpm is erratic. fluid is at proper level and smells a little weired but looks ok. vehicle has 207k on it so I thinking of replacing unit I just don't want to do that and find out something outside the transmission caused this. need help on this one please
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
12/22/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: roybelding, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

the 741 is for the torque converter solenoid or the converter itself.

the 752 is the code for the 1-2 shift. the 1842 has to do with the 1-2 as well.

whatever the issue, it is internal in the trans, not external. I will attach a description for you.

Roy

Circuit Description
The 1-2 shift solenoid (SS) valve is a normally-open exhaust valve that, in conjunction with the 2-3 shift solenoid (SS) valve, allows 4 different shifting combinations. The 1-2 SS valve is attached to the lower control valve body, within the transmission.
The PCM monitors the actual gear ratio, and compares the actual gear ratio with the commanded gear ratio. DTC P0752 sets under two conditions:

• A stuck ON 1-2 SS valve
  • A stuck ON 1-2 shift valve If the PCM detects a 1-1-4-4 shift pattern, then DTC P0752 sets. DTC P0752 is a type B DTC.

Conditions for Running the DTC

• No TP DTCs P0121, P0122 or P0123.
  • No VSS DTCs P0502 or P0503.
  • No AT ISS DTCs P0716 or P0717.
  • No IMS DTCs P1820, P1822, P1823 or P1825.
  • No shift solenoid electrical DTCs P1842, P1843, P1845 or P1847.
  • The engine run time is greater than 5 seconds .
  • The IMS indicates D1, D2, D3 or D4.
  • The transmission fluid temperature is 20 - 133°C (68 - 271°F) .
  • The TP angle is 7.5 percent or greater .
  • The vehicle speed is 8 km/h (5 mph) or greater .
  • The engine torque is 80 - 395 Nm (59 - 291 ft. lbs.) .

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The following conditions occur twice during the same trip:

• The PCM commands 2nd gear and the gear ratio is 2:87:1 - 3.11:1 , 1st gear, for 2 seconds .
  • The PCM commands 3rd gear and the gear ratio is 0.65:1 - 0.71:1 , 4th gear, for 4 seconds .

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• The PCM illuminates the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) during the second consecutive trip in which the Conditions for Setting the DTC are met.
  • The PCM commands maximum line pressure.
  • The PCM inhibits TCC engagement.
  • The PCM inhibits 3-2 downshifts above 50 km/h (31 mph) .
  • The PCM freezes transmission adapt functions.
  • The PCM records the operating conditions when the Conditions for Setting the DTC are met. The PCM stores this information as Freeze Frame and Failure Records.
  • The PCM stores DTC P0752 in PCM history during the second consecutive trip in which the Conditions for Setting the DTC are met.

Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

• The PCM turns OFF the MIL during the third consecutive trip in which the diagnostic test runs and passes.
  • A scan tool can clear the MIL/DTC.
  • The PCM clears the DTC from PCM history if the vehicle completes 40 warm-up cycles without an emission-related diagnostic fault occurring.

Diagnostic Aids

• If you clear DTC P0752, and then cannot reset DTC P0752, the following conditions may exist:
  • Fluid contamination
  • Plugged fluid circuits
  • Restricted fluid circuits
  • Refer to Shift Solenoid Valve State and Gear Ratio.

Test Description
The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

1. This step verifies a 1-1-4-4 shift pattern.
  2. This step tests for a mechanical or hydraulic condition causing the 1-2 SS valve to be stuck ON, or the circuit to be applied.

© 2015 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions

how are you making out??

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

roybelding
roybelding
roybelding, ASE Certified Technician