Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner of a mobile diagnostics company assisting auto technicians with difficult vehicles
77480539

Wife driving escalade 70 mph on ghway and car died. She got

Customer Question

Wife driving escalade 70 mph on highway and car died. She got over to side and tried to restart. Engine would turnover and fire but would not stay started. Towed to repair shop, would not start. Repair crew pushed inside garage and started normally. Wife afraid to drive car. Any idea?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

My best guess would be fuel pump. This is a pretty common failure with this vehicle. The best way to test this to verify is using a scope. You should ask your shop if the can test your fuel pump with a low amp clamp and a scope. If they cannot try a different shop.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

If they have a low amp clamp and a scope I could assist them in verifying the readings.

Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.