FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

2011 Cadillac SRX service stabilitrak with abs and traction

Customer Question

2011 Cadillac SRX service stabilitrak with abs and traction control lights on
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle has about 100,000 miles and both the abs light and traction control lights are on in addition to the service stabilitrak message.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Typically this is a problem with the yaw sensor, steering angle sensor, or a wheel speed sensor. The only way to know for sure is to scan the brake control module to see which system is acting up as all of these affect one another. Most of the time on this car it is the steering sensor. If you can get the system scanned and bring me the codes I can tell you what is going on. this is if you plan on fixing this yourself. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will scan and provide codes I do plan on fixing myself. Thanks
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Let me know and we can continue as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The code is B0050 right rear wheel speed sensor. Is that hard to change and are there any special tools?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any update?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. If that is the code and if the tires are all the same then it is the sensor. It is not terribly hard to replace if you have a good set of tools and can get the vehicle off of the ground. If you need assistance with this please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll order the part for the right rear and replace I'll let you know if I get in trouble. Thanks. Once I finish I'll complete the question out.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I will be checking on responses and if you need anything please do let me know. Thank you.