Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My name is ***** *****
, when I set the cruse control

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: when I set the cruse control it does not work "active cruse temp unavailable"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your name? It did not show through on the first reply.

I guess the first thing I need to know is what temperature it is around you?

There is a fault in your system. Here is a line from the description about that service message. This means we need to scan your system and determine what code is set.

Adaptive Cruise Control Temporarily Unavailable

The active safety control module will send this message if the adaptive cruise control has been disengage or disabled. There are many reasons that can cause this, some will also set DTCs. Check vehicle for DTCs and also check the adaptive cruise control enable and disengage scan tool data. Definitions of parameters can be found in active safety control module scan tool information.

Also there is a bulletin that outlines how if you rolled up to a curb and the lower air damn hit the curb, this may have pushed up on the module bracket. The is in the document attached.