Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 98 caddie deville with a B2750 no start and I have.

Customer Question
Bypassed the pass key with...
I have a 98 caddie deville with a B2750 no start and I have. Bypassed the pass key with resistors i have double checked the values and they are the same but still the problem persists any help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
12/18/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, y name is***** you checked the PCM ignition fuse?

Actually no I haven't. The car had about 12 different codes and I had to replace the battery and now just that code is all that pops up. I'll go check the bcm fuse and get right back to ya

its the PCM fuse we need to check,Tim

Is that under the hood or in car?

it is under the hood, it is labeled PCM IGN

All fuses are good

does that fuse have power, with the key 0n?

ok, can you remove both battery cables, and touch them together for 30 seconds, then reconnect them and see if it will start?

I'll be right back
I did that and it started or at least acted like it would but went right back to not
Will it cost 18 total or plus the 28 for a call?

phone calls are extra, by just answer, I just answr questions, I dont have anything to do with pricing,Tim

if it started and died, then its not seeing the proper resistance of the resistor yu installed, or the BCM is bad, what resistance resistor did you use?

Ok then I'll just text if you're ok with it
I had v meter on x100 and it was 2.5

did you have it on volts or ohms?

but it was actually.25 ohms
It was on ohms on the x100 scale

that would be 2500 ohms, not .25 ohms

there are only 15 different ohm keys for this year, below are the ohms, there is not a .25 ohm chip,Tim

CODE

RESISTOR VALUE IN OHMS

1

402

2

523

3

681

4

887

5

1130

6

1470

7

1870

8

2370

9

3010

10

3740

11

4750

12

6040

13

7500

14

9530

15

11800

I'll check it again but I got the exact same reading on the x100 scale with the key and the resistors. I'll get back with you tomorrow if that's ok

yes, that will be fine I will be on all day tommorow, put the ohm meter on 5000 scale to check this.Tim

Hi, did you check the resistance yet?

I just got back with various resistors I'm going to borrow a digital volt meter because mine is analog . it may take a little time for me to get it so I'll get back on here when I have it in my hand.

yes, the anolog meters are not accurate enough, let me know when you has a digital meter,Tim

Ok my neighbor has one and it reads 886 so I matched resistance at 887 and still the same but with new codes B1147 B2780 B1348. What buttons do I need to push to clear out these codes with the dash buttons?

ok, lets try a hard reset and relearn od the key now, leave the 887 resistorminstlled for this, then turn the key on, and try to start, and let th keycome back to the run position, then watch the theft deterent message, after about 10 minutes, the message should change, when it does, turn the key off, then repeat the whole procedure 2 more times, this is the 30 minute relearn, aftr the 3rd try, try to start the car,Tim

Ok I'll get back to ya...oh hey after off and warmer code check what buttons clear the codes

once in the code mode, it will show codes, then after it will say"PCM? when it does, push the up button to scroll through all the different module, when you get to the ones with codes, press the up button again when it ask if you want to clear codes,Tim

It just says theft system problem car may not restart

did you clear the codes?

but I can't get it to say wait ten minutes to start
What do I do to get the 10 min timer?

WHERE DID YOU HOOK UP THE RESISTOR?

Under steering column orange wire with two white wires....but I just sent it to the dealership

ok, I will opt out then,Tim

Thanks though

no worries,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH