Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

2004 Escalade - just had rear brakes/rotors replaced and

Customer Question

2004 Escalade - just had rear brakes/rotors replaced and traction control light and parking brake light will not go off. Plus I'm getting "Service Brake System" and Stability System Disabled" messages on the dash.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

Usually what can occur when the rear brakes are replaced like this here and you see these messages after the replacement is that one of the rear wheel speed sensors were damaged during brake rotor replacement.I have seen this occur before.

If the issues with the lights and messages only occurred after the brakes were done the rear wheel speed sensors need checked for damage to see if one or both rear speed sensors need replaced.

Once this is repaired the fault codes will need cleared out with a scan tool to turn off these lights and messages.The brake light will come on like this here when the traction or anti lock brake light comes on.

If a repair facility did the brake work they will hopefully cover the costs to repair this here as most will if found to be their fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete