Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

THank you. I have a 97 Seville and I inserted the ignition

Customer Question
key this morning but the...
THank you. I have a 97 Seville and I inserted the ignition key this morning but the security system disables the car.
Message reads:
Ignition Disabled
due to Theft System
Remove Key from ignition
This is the same key I've been using as recently as Saturday to drive the car. I used to have a second set, but it's lost - probably in the house somewhere. With my brother's medical problems it's been a little chaotic lately.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Cadillac
11/23/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately it sounds like either the key or the antenna that reads it has failed. It happens. If you can find the second set they may work if the key is the problem. If the problem is in the antenna then its going to have to get to a shop with a scan tool capable of getting some readings from the system to figure out whats going on.

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner