Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Radio says wrong system soft ware. Can not get radio to turn

Customer Question
Radio says wrong system soft...
Radio says wrong system soft ware. Can not get radio to turn on or do anything??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
11/20/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One thing you can try is to see if you can reboot the system. To do this disconnect both battery cables and and touch them together for a few seconds which will reset all modules. After doing so reconnect the cables and see if the radio will now operate. If after doing so and the problem remains then the problem is most likely internal with the radio.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician