Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2010 Cadillac SRX, that would not start. I saw a

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Cadillac SRX, that would not start. I saw a video on how to reset the key. and not it doesn't seem to recognize anything. Can't even lock or unlock the doors.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Not sure who made that video, but that is so far off from the relearn procedure its ridiculous. It is very possible that the immobilizer control module was damaged doing this.

Lets start with the correct relearn procedure

30minute GM relearn procedure:

1-TurnON the ignition,with the engine OFF.

2-Attemptto start the engine,then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).

3-Observe the SECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10minutes the telltale will turn OFF.

4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .

5-Repeat steps 1through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes(the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM)Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6-Start the engine(the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).