Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I cant get the air susp comp to come on. check stab control

i cant get the air susp comp to come on. check stab control light is on

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If there are any codes set in the suspension system and in some cases some certain codes set in the abs system this disables the air suspension system until the codes are cleared out using a scan tool.Now if the faults are still present though the codes will come right back and the suspension system will be disabled again.

The first thing to do here is to clear out these codes then operate the vehicle.If the codes do not come back on the suspension system should operate properly and the codes may have been a one time fluke causing this issue here and there may be no real faults.

If the codes do come back come back here to this post and post which code numbers set so we can check into these codes to locate the fault.If these are the codes that came back on already and you have already tried to clear them out but they come back let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. I tried to clear the abs codes and the uo1o1 lost comm wont clear at all and the c0050 clears with the key on but comes back on when you start it even if I don't move the vehicle. I checked the wiring and was able to watch the mph when I spun the wheels.

Can you tell me what computer/control unit these codes are setting in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the brake control module

O.k.,the code U0101 indicates a fault with a loss of communication with the transmission computer.Code C0050 indicates that the passenger rear wheel speed sensor has a circuit fault.Usually this is a fault with the passenger rear wheel speed sensor itself and can act up intermittently like this here meaning it may show a signal when checked but intermittently it may have an issue with a lost signal that may not be picked up with testing as it may be a real quick loss in signal.This will cause the suspension fault here and usually this is the wheel speed sensor itself at fault needing replaced to correct this issue here.

The loss of communication fault with the transmission control module may be an issue with wiring at the anti lock brake computer itself.if no other computers are setting the U0101 code this is most likely the case here with the wiring being an issue at the anti lock brake computer but usually this wont cause the suspension fault here and if your transmission,engine and brakes are all operating properly most likely this is a false code not needing to much attention with.

I suspect the right rear speed sensor needs replaced then the codes cleared to correct this here.Now if your scan tool is not one that can communicate with the suspension computer to read codes from this computer then you will need a scan tool that can communicate with the suspension computer to see if any other codes are set in that computer that need diagnosed and repaired before the suspension system will operate again.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well the drivers door mod, pass door mod, theft deterant mod, mem seat mod ,radio mod, also is

Are these modules all setting the U code?If so then there is a fault with the transmission computer and it most likely needs replaced or the wiring at this computer is damaged needing repaired to correct this here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well honestly I don't remember because my scanner cleared all them all

If they are all setting the U code then the transmission control module wiring needs checked and if found to be o.k. you may have a faulty transmission control module needing replaced.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

where is the tran mod and would you still repl the sensor

Here is a picture i located for you.It looks to be below the battery tray,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dgumayv2i72zq2a/tcmj-11-18.gif?dl=0

I would still replace the sensor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. I have to get the sensor tomarrow and I`ll check the trans mod. where is it located?

I posted the location of the trans. module above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh, sorry . missed that.

No problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the abs sensor was barely connected. I thought I pulled on the connector but I guess it was the wrong side. I still have that u0101

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

u0155,b1023,b1600,b3205, u0140, in dr door mod, b1023,u0555,b1023,b1600, b3205,b2555, u0140, u0199 in pass door mod. b3060 in radio, b3060 in theft det, b1850 in mem seat, b0000, b1325 in radio,

Try clearing all of these codes then operate the vehicle and see which codes come back and let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't when you told me too clear them before and these are the ones that came back

This is odd for all of these codes to set like this here.If you can I would have the codes re checked with a different scan tool to see if any codes show up at all as I have seen in some cases where one defective scan tool or a scan tool that isnt fully compatible with your vehicle can cause false codes to show up like this here.This may just be a fluke.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. I was checking them with my Autel . I will rechecked them with my Snapon Modis

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yup, all were in it with that scanner

This is a difficult one for me to diagnose fully from here with all of these codes set.It may be a wiring fault somewhere in the vehicle causing all of these codes but its hard to say for sure from here.The best thing to to here is to have all of these codes diagnosed one by one to locate the fault.Most likely it will be found that all of these codes are linked together with one component or connection issue.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well can we start with the brake code so I can get the susp comp to come on so it wont ruin the rear shocks.

I would start with any brake or suspension codes set and have them diagnosed and repaired to see if the suspension starts to operate properly again.The other codes above with the radio and door modules wont cause the suspension to act up like this here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yep. the comp wont come on with my scanner either

This is a difficult one for me to answer myself here and I have to log off for the day.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replaced the rear shocks and the old ones had holes in them. I was just trying to make them air up to keep them from ruining. whats the possibility that the comp is burnt up?

If the old shocks were leaking and the compressor had been running a long time to try and air them up to raise the suspension this can burn out the compressor causing this issue here.You would have to check the compressor turn on signals with a multi meter to see if the correct power and ground signals are present at the compressor as well as use a scan tool to command the compressor on.If you have power and ground to the compressor pump when commanded on and the compressor does not run then the compressor needs replaced.

I have seen the compressor fail before several times needing replaced to correct faults like this here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what color of wires should have power and ground? I have ground but the blue wire is the power wire I think and there`s no power on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. It was the blue wire and I found the relay up front. I have a large red wire that has power and a small wire that has power. the blue wire goes to the compr and the other wire is a ground that comes from a module. even when I jump the blue comp wire with the red power wire and I got 12 volts to the comp now it still don't come on, BUT im not getting a ground from the susp comp even when I move the susp level sensors up or turn it on with the scanner.

Are you saying your not getting a ground to the compressor at all on any wire?