Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Ron again! 2004 cadillac srx, i have problems with the

Customer Question
hi ron again ! 2004...
hi ron again ! 2004 cadillac srx, i have problems with the sunroof! the bracket on driver side is broken ,and is making a noise in the back when i try to open the glass, and didn't open at all , i need to know how to take it appart and find what is broken
and how to fix it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
11/12/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Does yours have the dual sunroof?

Also, depending upon what is broken you may not need to remove the whole assembly which means removing a ton of trim panels and then the headliner, so if possible, can you take a photo of the broken part and use the paperclip icon to post it here

Here are the pictures of the broken bracket and the outside of the sunroof, and the inside of the sunroof. The picture of the inner back of the sunroof is where the sound is coming from. It sounds like broken gears. I would like to have a scematics or something. So that I can know how to take apart the sunroof, and how to fix it. Thanks again.
Where i can buy parts for the sunroof to fix it?

HI,

For factory sunroofs, parts are dealer items only. No aftermarket company makes replacement parts other than the motor.

How i remove the front seats with out the airbags lights turn on ?

HI,

Disconnect both battery cables and wait 5 minutes before disconnecting the harness connectors.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager