Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Where can I find the sensor light that is on the

Customer Question

where can I find the sensor light that is on the transmission of cadillac deville 4.6L-281cu.in.need to replace,
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  SuperDave replied 1 year ago.

What is the sensor for?What light are you talking about?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any lnformation on my paid request,please respond.Thank YOU
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

There is no such thing as a "sensor light". Please explain exactly what problem you're having and what you are trying to do. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr. DAN...ON the mechanics diagnostic of the car some months back they said because the service soon light stays on in the dashboard information that it is a sensor light( four in the car)located on the transmission. Why is the service soon light on? and how do I rectify?....Thank YOU Mr. Woods..
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The common problem is the torque converter clutch solenoid which is a big job, usually just living with the light is best option if vehicle runs good. Otherwise it is about a 8 hour job to replace the solenoid and a $200 part. You can press/hold the INFO OFF/ON and INFO UP buttons to check codes. Let me know what codes your getting and I can verify problem. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The vehicle runs excellent the problem is I cant register the car with the service soon light on need to shut it off so it can pass smog how do I do that or how do I pass smog..
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

In that case you will need to fix problem for it to pass smog. Let me know what diagnostic code your getting and I'll verify repair that needs to be made. Let me know, thanks.