cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Cam. My fob is detected by the doors and trunk, but not the

Customer Question

Hi Cam. My fob is detected by the doors and trunk, but not the ignition. I get in and can't turn the keyless ignition knob. 2009 CTS. I have placed the fob in the console slot. Still doesn't work. Battery is fine. I can start the car with the remote, but still can't turn ignition on when I get in or put the car in gear.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

you need to do a relearn procedure for the key fob

The programming instructions i have follow this:

1) vehicle off
2) have key fob present that works ( do not insert in console)
3)key in door 5 times unlock
4)Driver info will say ready to learn #2 #3 #4
5) place new transponder into console buttons facing front of vehicle
just reset it to #2 it will work for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Neither key fob works as far as the ignition recognizing them. They both work to open doors and trunk. My problem is that I get in the car, but can't turn the ignition switch because the car is not recognizing that a fob is there. I'm guessing the problem is that whatever receives the signal for the ignition is not receiving it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

here is the phone call request that you ask for

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want the phone call.