Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 2015 CTS and the contact presets keep dropping out

Customer Question
after several weeks. My...
I have a 2015 CTS and the contact presets keep dropping out after several weeks. My radio presets remain....just the contacts from my iPhone. I've had it in to my service department and they rebooted. It worked better for several weeks and now they've dropped again. I've done nothing different with my iPhone -- no updates.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
10/23/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Scott, Cadillac Technician replied 2 years ago
Scott
Scott, Cadillac Technician

which iphone model do you have? Also could you provide me with the VIN # ***** the car so I can verify which entertainment system your vehicle has?

The vin# ***** ***** I have the iPhone 5. Thx

What software version is on your phone currently? also who is your cellular carrier for your phone?

I just updated my iPhone to version 9.1 this morning. Preset drops happened yesterday the last time. My carrier is Verizon.

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make sure I am covering all the potential areas for issues. Is your phone the only one that is paired to the vehicle or are there others that are paired to it at times?

This is the only phone paired....thanks.

Your phone is compatible with your vehicle per GM, so it's not a compatibility issue. iOS 9.1 has a lot of fixes in it to address Bluetooth connectivity issues that iOS 9.0 had. If performing this update did not fix your concern then the software in your vehicles entertainment system may need updated. Cadillac has had several software issues with their CUE radio system and has had several software updates for it. Your dealer can do these updates under warranty if the vehicle is still under its 4yr/50k warranty. If updating the software on the phone and car does not work, it may be the phone or radio itself. To verify which one you would need to pair another phone to the car and see if concern still exists with the second phone. If concern exists with second phone the radio is at fault, if concern is not present with second phone it would be a fault with the first phone. The IPhone 5 did have some issues. First one I bought my wife I had to replace within a week of purchasing it for an internal defect.

Well, I guess I'll see if they stay in with the iPhone upgrade to ios 9.1. Doesn't seem like it should be this hard. :-(((

I hope it works for you.

Scott
Scott
Scott, Cadillac Technician