Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Im hooking up an after market cdplayer but now the only wire

Customer Question
Im hooking up an after...
Im hooking up an after market cdplayer but now the only wire getting power is my constant
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
10/23/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

Can I get the year model?

Is this an in dash CD player incorporated with the radio?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

2001 deville base model
cdplayer indash but switching to a double din

This vehicles radio circuit does not have a wire that powers up when the key is in the run or accessory position. The radio is powered all the tame and the data communication lines tell the radio when to turn on and off. Does your replacement radio need a power wire that is signaled via key position?

but i think the power isnt coming from the amp the speakers won't work i wonder does the replacement harness have anything to do with it

It is possible to be the harness. Do you need the wire diagram for the audio circuit to look over?

The amp does not tell the radio to turn on, it too is told to come on from the data communication wires.

what would stop power from flowing into the harness connection

Which wire are you referring to since there is not a wire that powers up when the key is turned on?

The ignition wire

This cars original radio does not have an ignition or remote wire. The radio gets power and ground all the time, and the computer tells the radio to come on from a data communication signal. This signal wire is not a wire that is powered and not powered its a single wire that carries a ton of information to all modules like comcast cable in your home that provides a thousand channels, phone, and internet.

It sounds like your radio you bought needs an ignition wire.

This isn't helping im going to go to a shop

Sorry you no longer want me to help.

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician