Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 2006 cadalliac cts that has a theft system

Customer Question
Hey, I have a 2006...
Hey, I have a 2006 cadalliac cts that has a theft system malfunction. Apparently it is a gm wide problem. My car says service theft system and my temperature gauge and gas gauge both go down to nothing and I can't get my keys out. It does it for a few weeks and then goes away for a month or so. How do I fix this and how much does it cost?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
10/18/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, this is a faulty steering lock housing actuator assembly. It lists for $265 and labor is 1.4 hours, about $140, to replace. So total about $405

Ahh, okay so do I have to go to the dealership?

You can take it to a good general repair shop or a dealership. The steering column does come apart for this repair.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager