rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 91 sevelli that has no cluster info the on board

Customer Question

I have a 91 sevelli that has no cluster info the on board system don't work either the radio works and u can turn ac on but can't tell what it is set on checked all the fuses all good
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

No fuse for this, if all the connections to the cluster are good and free from corrosion, then the cluster is bad.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the onboard system where you read the codes from it doesn't light up either
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like the main computer system has failed then. I would attach a scan tool to see if any codes are stored next.

Thanks, Ron