camerontech
camerontech, diagnostic auto tech
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I own a 1994 Cadllac, Eldorado which I bought in 2004 with

Customer Question

I own a 1994 Cadllac, Eldorado which I bought in 2004 with only 17,000 miles, in pristine condition. I have alway to taken care of this beautiful auto. I have paid out a lot of money to a local mechanic especially regarding an A/C compressor that has supposedly (due to the compressor he installed has supposedly been replaced twice. Today I am still without air conditioning and out of a lot of money (approx. $2,000.00) for other repairs to this mechanic since April to Sept. 29 2015. How do I get his work checked out with a reputable establishment. ***** *****on
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

hi jackie,

I can help you out the best i can from here.

when choosing a reputable auto technician, always check online reviews first. Even going to visit a few busy shops in your area and difrectly speak to the technician and get a feel on how he wants to help you with your situation. A nice busy shop can be a good sign that they have a good customer base for a reason. The dealer will have any direct information to your car you need but you cant always speak with the technician as they have 5 to 20 techs working there.

AC is very expensive to repair. especially when an ac compressor is replaced. I would check out a few more of your local shops and direct your concern with them. you will probably be into another ac inspection charge, but he will have to spend a little time to figure out what is the problem with the ac system and if it directly related to the previous repair. the new tech will want your business and will do his best to earn your trust.

Also, word of mouth and freind referals can be the best way to find a new technician, as they with want to gain a new customer as well as keep the original one that refered you

cam

if you need any more help i would be happy to assist you.

diagnosing your ac problem over the computer without testing it is a extremley hard process and required quite a bit of ac and electrical knowledge,

but i will do my best

thank you

cam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your have given me infor. that I already knew. I intend to take this to a cadillac dealer for more info. I would like to all you but I have cognitive issue and ike to have most answer in writing. While I have been online with you, I could have driven down to Cathedral City to get some answers in writing from them. Thanks for your help. I need to discuss about a refund. Send me an Email. Since I have already paid for this compressor I intend to try and get a Refund.
***@******.***

i will send you an email so i can try to answer what you are looking for more clearly

cam

im sorry that I could not answer your question and what you are looking for. I will be opting out and leaving it for another technician.

thank you and i wish you the best of luck

cam