Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

My 94 Cadillac will not start after changing battery

Customer Question

Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It will crank and then die
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try this relearn below and see if this then allows the vehicle to start.If this does not work let me know so we can continue.

- turn the key to the "run position"
- wait 10 minutes
- turn the key to the "off" position
- turn the key to the "run position"
- wait 10 minutes
- turn the key to the "off" position
- turn the key to the "run position"
- wait 10 minutes
- turn the key to the "off" position

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do this 3 times and it should start
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

I apologize for the delay.

Yes if you do this 3 times following the instructions above once this should allow starting unless you have a faulty anti theft component needing replaced.Let me know how this turns out here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No thanks not paying For b*******
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have faith from my answers I've got so just forget it
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself with the issue described.Is there any way you can get the fault codes checked to see what codes are set in all computers?

Did the relearn not work for this here?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will crank run a couple minutes if that then die it was running fine all I did was change battery battery was off of it about 2 hours cuz needed other one to return I'm so fed up
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

Did you try the relearn above at all?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
didn't work
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

O.k.,try this tilt the steering wheel with the tilt lever and at the same time try and start the vehicle and see if it starts and runs then and let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Didn't make a differenceBy tilting Steeringwheel
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.

This is definitely odd since this occurred only after the battery was replaced.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete