Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Working on a 2000 escalade. Changed the transmission and now

Customer Question

Working on a 2000 escalade. Changed the transmission and now it won't start. It's not my vehicle so I done know much about it. The security light is on. It cranks and starts for about 1 second then shuts off. It has a mass airflow sensor code.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

It sounds like your security system has engaged causing this fault here.Follow the procedure below with a fully charged battery and see if the vehicle then starts and runs.If you miss a step you will have to start over.If this doesn't work let me know.

The following is the Auto Learn Procedure:

1. Insure the ignition key is in the ON position.

2. Clear EVO/passlock (TM) module DTCs. You can skip this step.

3. Momentarily rotate the ignition key to the CRANK position (Do NOT start the vehicle), then release it to the RUN position (Do NOT key OFF in the process just let go of the key when it doesn't start).

4. Wait 10 minutes. Observe the SECURITY indicator.It may flash or stay on solid.

5. The SECURITY indicator will transition from flashing or on solid to ON briefly to OFF after 10 minutes if remaining in the ignition ON position.

6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and wait for 10 seconds.

7. Repeat steps 3-6 two more times. The new security code is ready to be communicated among the Passlock (TM) sensor, EVO/passlock (TM) module and VCM/PCM. The new password ***** ***** on the next ignition lock cylinder cycle from OFF to CRANK to ON (start attempt).The vehicle should start and run if this worked.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.