Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

2002 cadillac deville dts/n.star engine//just replaced

Customer Question

2002 cadillac deville dts/n.star engine//just replaced alternator and starter plus new battery/ cleaned wirer end to cables....turn key ...no sound of starter starting. igintion key will not come out
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

Is the short cable that goes from the right front inner fender to the engine block connected and in good condition? They often break and cause numerous issues like these, particularly if the car has had a broken front engine mount.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check it out.. that will not be good ..taking the front off again [radiator area]...will try.. thank you ..jerry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel this after 30 days thank you *****

I'll leave this open for the time being, please update me and let me know what you find, and if you need any further assistance. I am happy to follow up with you.

Short of taking it all apart, just grab that cable with your hand and yank on it. If it comes detached from the engine, that's a problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you where right on target...broken short cable......hope you cancel this program at the 30 day mark..thanks *****

Thanks, Charlie. I'll submit this to customer service to see that they don't continue to charge you.

:)

Please take the time to rate my answer before you go.