Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 2003 Cadillac Escalade, the 'service ride

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Cadillac Escalade, the 'service ride control' message appears every time I start it up. The ride is very mushy feeling. I've been told it may be the compressor unit. It is an expensive part. I hesitate to replace it just to find out there
is an air leak or bad shocks. What do you recommend?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.

Before condemning the Compressor (which is a definite possibility here) I would recommend that you have the Diagnostic Trouble Codes retrieved from the on-board computer. "SOME" local parts stores, like AutoZone, can read these trouble codes and will do so for Free (except in California). These trouble codes will point towards the faulty part/sensor and from there, a more accurate and efficient diagnosis can be done with testing procedures to ensure the correct item is replaced to solve the problem. If you cannot find a local part store with the correct scan-tool to retrieve the codes, then unfortunately, a shop will be needed. If the problem does come down to a Compressor issue, this sells for around $526 and the Labor Time Guide calls for just under an hour to complete the job. Please remember to leave a rating using the star rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer so I may be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.

..