FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have a 2000 Escalade, will not start. replaced the fuel

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Escalade, will not start. replaced the fuel pump and the pressure regulator, filter and all of the flex fittings fuel pressure is 62 lbs but drops as soon as it cranks.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the fuel pressure drops to 0 when this occurs?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't believe so, I think that it falls below the threshold- (I am not the mechanic on this one)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
in fact, pressure drops about 15 lbs
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. The pressure needs to hold when this occurs. If it is not then you either have a defect in one of your new pets or you may have a failure in one of the fuel injectors causing one of them to stick open.