Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

How to disarm the alarm system on a 2005 cts cadillac. The

Customer Question

How to disarm the alarm system on a 2005 cts cadillac. The car will not start.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is***** most likely means the Theft Deterrent Module has failed which is also known as the passlock sensor. This part is located near ignition switch and costs around $250 to have replaced at the dealership. Even without the remote everything should work normally. If car is not starting right now the only thing you can do is the 30 minute relearn procedure "let me know if you need procedure". Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.