Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2 cautions 2000 DTS check suspension and speed limited to 90

Customer Question

Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Did problem only occur after the shock and strut replacement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying to get the answer to my original question which I was charged for but never got an answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem occurred before and after on check suspension but the caution Do Not Drive Over 90 MPH occurred after the new installation.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Did the Arnot kit come with a wiring bypass for the original sensors in the struts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The kit did come with the sensor and the mechanic's scan tool showed the problem was still in the same place, left front strut or sensor. The mechanic says all aftermarket shocks do the same thing. The other 3 shocks are working properly.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Did mechanic give you the code number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No code number this is a read out on the DTC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dave I'm trying to get this resolved after paying $26.00 originally with no answer. Can't afford to spend more by using the phone for another $18
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Not trying to get you to spend any more money. What is the code number from the DIC readout?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dave these are the code numbers found with the scan tool:
CO578 Left Front Solenoid Circuit High
CO584 Rt. front Solenoid Circuit open
CO589 Left Rear Solenoid Circuit Open
CO593 Right rear Solenoid Circuit High
Front are Arnot shocks and struts Rear are air shocks How do I correct the problem warnings Do Not Drive over 90
and Correct suspension?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Was the Arnot kit supposed to be a direct replacement with built in factory type electrical connections, or was it a standard strut/shock that was installed along with a bypass kit for the factory wiring? They sell both types.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check with Arnott tomorrow. Their literature says our technology converts the electronic system to a much more dependable passive one maintaining the superior comfortable ride that you expect from your Cadillac. Doesn't go into detail about the sensorsVirgil
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 1 year ago.

Okay, sounds like a standard shock/strut system. Usually comes with resistors that bridge across the factory sensors to fool the computer into thinking it is still connected to factory struts. If this is the case then the problem may be poor connections or missing resistors at the factory strut connectors.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not satisfied with answer and would like a refund