How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jerry Newton Your Own Question
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Category: Cadillac
Satisfied Customers: 4508
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
Type Your Cadillac Question Here...
Jerry Newton is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sts needs to have the cam seal replaced on the water pump

Customer Question

My sts needs to have the cam seal replaced on the water pump end and I've yet to figure out a good way to do it as the pulley is in the way, thus this topic was found...
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

The pulley has to be removed, which requires a special tool. A power steering pulley remover and installer is what you need to perform this task. These tools are readily available at most fine parts stores.