Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 2004 SRX V8 AWD. Dealer tells me that I have codes

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 2004 SRX V8 AWD. Dealer tells me that I have codes P0068, P0014, and P1101. They say the Throttle body, 2 drivers side camshaft position sensors, and the intake gasket are bad. Can all of these be bad at the same time? The 2 drivers side camshaft sensors do not work at all they said. Car is running "weird" at 40-45 mph, meaning that it doesnt seem to be smooth. Plugs, air filter, fuel filter, were all changed a month ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Yes three parts can be bad at the same time. It sounds like they used their scan tool and verified the issue already so unless you have a scan tool to double check their work you will probably have to take their word for it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay,
But if I were to replace the TB myself, would there be any re-learn procedures to do? The TB is very easy to replace. Also, could the pigtail connector at the TB cause at least some of this issue if the thin wires in there are faulty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
or, how would I check for a vacuum leak at the intake? I just don't want to jump in with replacing things that add up in cost.

From your initial question it sounds like they have already verified the parts are bad. If you have a vacuum leak it should be also setting a lean code. You can do the throttle body yourself. Here is the relearn procedure.

1. Verify coolant temperature and intake air temperature are between 5-60 degrees C. Perform the minimum throttle position learn procedure as follows:

2. Turn OFF the ignition for 30 seconds.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF for 1 minute.
Turn OFF the ignition for 30 seconds.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

3. Clear the DTCs with a scan tool.

4. Start the engine.
Perform the following tests:
• Rapidly depress the accelerator pedal from the rest position to the Wide Open Throttle position (WOT) and release pedal. Repeat the procedure several times.

• Slowly depress the accelerator pedal to WOT and then slowly return the pedal to closed throttle. Repeat the procedure several times.

5. Clear the codes with a scan tool and shut off the ignition for 30 seconds.