FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have a 2009 CTS 4 four door Cadillac. I bought it used 6

Customer Question

I have a 2009 CTS 4 four door Cadillac. I bought it used 6 months ago. The two front dome lights above the rear view mirror will not turn off when I push either of the two switches. The rear dome lights will not turn off either. The light down low by my right foot will not turn off while I am driving. They all turn off after about 10 minutes after I turn off the ignition'
Did I hit a button some place on the dash to cause this situation or is it caused by a failure of a light switch? If it id the former, how did I do this and how do i turn the lights off?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Most of the time this is caused by the dimmer switch being turned all of the way up. This is the adjustable knob for the interior lights located to the left of the steering column. Try tuning it down and see if they turn off. If the problem is not that then it can be a body control module. but I think you will find the problem in the switch. If you need further help please let me know.