FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Looking at a 2007 Escalade and when I test drove it today at

Customer Question

Looking at a 2007 Escalade and when I test drove it today at 50-60 miles an hour and than backed off it clunked it has 142 miles on it for 17k
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Though this can be caused by anything from the rear differential to the transmission, the most common issue is where the drive shaft either enters the transmission or the transfer case if it is all wheel drive. The output bushing can fail or the drive shaft splines need to be lubed as it can bind causing this noise. Most of the time it is an easy fix though. I would have it looked at to make sure prior to purchasing it. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Fix it man!I am having lithia Toyota here in Springfield room look at the vehicle put on the machine to find out what's wrong but I definitely want to have a second opinion.... On this kind of deal how long would it take to fix and what's the cost do you think? I'm a single mom and I don't have a whole Lotta dough and I'm trading in my O2 Cadillac that I have had since 09 and it's been a fabulous rag but I know how expensive if they can get a fix and I just don't want to go back over the hill to Bend and have my transmission blow LOL. When they check it out today and they give me a response can I tell you what it is and you can get back to me to? Thank you so much! Shelley
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for getting back with me Shelley. If it is just the output shaft that need to be lubed it should only be able $100. If it was a transmission or transfer case issue then that can be several thousand dollars. Either way this shop should be able to see what is going on. Feel free to let me know what they say and we can continue as needed.