Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Sts 2005 codes are p1101,p0068 p0420 P0430,P0171,P0174

Customer Question
sts 2005 codes are p1101,p0068 p0420 P0430,P0171,P0174
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
9/6/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

You may have more than one issue going on.

The P1101 and 0068 are setting because of an airflow issue through the engine. An intake restriction or vacuum leak, throttle body issue, MAP or MAP sensor signal inaccurate, or possibly an exhaust restriction could set this.

P0420 and 430 are catalytic converter efficiency failures. The other two codes are for the engine running lean on both banks.

Besides the engine going into limp in are you having any driveability problems, especially a lack of power?

Did all these codes start setting at exactly the same time?

Not sur but I don't think so I want to repair. the car I am hoping it is not the exhaust. What should I do first?

You will almost certainly need catalytic converters but that may not be the whole problem.

the car has power and runs good thats why i dont understand the codes it has about 50 0000 miles on it

You aren't noticing any driveability problems at all? The ETC codes setting should be causing it to go into limp in.

It runs fine thats what i dont understand plenty of power and idles fine. I just cant get it inspected due to these codes. there is no limp mode going on and i have been driving it for while like this. I delete the codes and they com back. any other information that you can recomend as to where i should start with this?
It runs fine thats what i dont understand plenty of power and idles fine. I just cant get it inspected due to these codes. there is no limp mode going on and i have been driving it for while like this. I delete the codes and they com back. any other information that you can recomend as to where i should start with this? The codes may of not set all at the same time. to answer the question from earler.

Has anything been done to try to repair it?

Nothing yet please advise my first steps.

The first steps in an accurate diagnosis are going to require a scan tool to monitor data. Do you have an actual scan tool?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician