Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 STS with a V8 and it runs barely put it in

Customer Question

I have a 2005 STS with a V8 and it runs barely put it in gear and it stalls. It is showing the following codes.P0106,P0391, P1011, P0068.
Looking for some help.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Below are the diag steps for these codes, can you do these tests? Code 1011 can only be stored by the V6 model.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Chris as far as the Baro sensor goes I do not have a good vehicle to check what the value should be in test 5.
Do you have the voltage that should be present at each plug?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Update, I removed the air intake and replaced seals, pretty sure there was a vacuum leak. After I replaced and reinstalled intake, Fuel rail and wiring engine will not fire,tried to fire at first after a few tried it seems it will not even try. Cranks but seems like no ign. I did bleed air out of fuel rail and have good pressure. Do I need to do a throttle relearn and if so what is the process for this car?

Can you check and verify if there is spark or not. Throttle relearn will not correct a crank no start issue, just idle concerns.