Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Just had my engine rebuilt to stop oil leaks. both engine &

Customer Question

just had my engine rebuilt to stop oil leaks. both engine & transmisson removed. front supension dropped,front struts replaced & rear shocks replaced.( also replaced oil pump & water pump.) now car freeks out from slight right hand turns, anti-lock brakes/speed control kick in. car is "dangerous to drive" because "computers out of control."
replaced both front wheel hubs to fix problem due to what codes indicated but problem continues.
any suggestions?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, I am Cam. Can I get your first name please?

So I am understanding your issue correctly, the abs/traction is activating when it should not be and that is what you refer to the computer being out of control?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but mosly when the steering wheel is moved towards the right,ie exiting a highway,changing lanes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
martin is my name

Understood. Then my next question is what codes were set?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
presently none according to my mechanic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the prior codes caused him to change the wheel hub bearings,but problem continues

Ok Martin. So the issue is most likely wiring. In this year range of vehicle, the wiring that routes to the wheel bearing assembly along the suspension is prone to breaking or shorting out, even inside the insulation in such a manner that it works properly until stressed by turning. That is why it only happens while changing lanes and to one way. The repair is to verify no wiring issues exist elsewhere then replace the section of harness from the body to the wheel bearing.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will foward info to mechanic. why should the problem have occured after repair was performed. car was perfect before work was performed.

Likely the wiring was weak before but not to the point it would fail, and th movement of the wire outside of its normal range was the finishing movement to make it fail.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mechanic says already checked that and no problems found.

May I ask how he checked that wiring? We don't see all the time a physical fault in the wire, rather it's a call based on symptoms. GM even updated the wire composition. In the harness to an angle hair strand, very fine to prevent this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my mechanic name is johnney,his #(###) ###-#### ***** am happy to pay you if you would call him and give him the solution because he is excellent & he is out of answers.

If you Accept the phone offer, I will speak to your mechanic directly rather than calling you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
he is expecting your call. i trust there is a fix!

I'm sure we will get it sorted out. Do you see the offer that was proposed? The only way I can call after you have clicked accept.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i accept but where do i click?

The system blocks out the system blocks out phone numbers in the public thread which this is. When you accept the offer you can put your mechanics number in the space provided so it will be displayed correctly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ITS $20 FOR THE call which is fine but where can i click

There should be a link somewhere to accept that offer. Yes, that is the offer to call your mechanic directly. Can you scroll down more to see it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that offer is no where to be found again,i scrolled up & down

Does that one work?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
does what work?

I sent another offer.

I'm sorry about the difficulty with the site, must be a bug that we don't know about. I am only contracted to the site so I will need to send a report to the customer service moderators to get this sorted out. Perhaps close the window, go into your email and select the link and open a fresh window.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wont accept payment via my cell phone. do you have a direct #

Can you log on through a regular computer? Unfortunately I don't have a direct number. I can only call out.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
mr.classic,south miami florida is his shop

Understood, but I am not permitted to make any calls until the offer has been accepted. IT is a site site violation and I am not directly employed by Just Answer, I am independently contracted to the site.