Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a starting issue with a Chevrolet Blazer 4.3. There

Customer Question
Hi Mike, I have a...
Hi Mike, I have a starting issue with a Chevrolet Blazer 4.3. There is no firing at the plugs terminals. It seemed to me to come from the security system , since when I try to start the security light is still on the dash. I have ordered a new remote control
keyfob, and I have followed the initializing procedure, but it is impossible to make it open the doors and to resset the security light.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 day by:
8/29/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating please let me know.

So looking at this you have 2 questions?

No spark at the plugs could be several things. Do you have any test equipment? Scanner?

The remote problem I am confused by the way it is worded. can you clarify?

Hi Samuel, thanks for answering quickly.
Yes II have a scanner (obd 2 and obd 1). I still haven't tried to pull the codes form the car.
I was talking about the remote control to open the doors. I suppose it is linked with the security system...

The remote and security system are not related.

The remote only activates content theft. which does not affect starting.

OK, so where do we go from now ?

The remote looks like it needs replacement. It however will not keep vehicle from starting

I am attaching the relearn procedure for the theft system. Start with this and let me know the results

attached this time

Thanks a lot for the procedure, I will do it tomorrow and let you know...

Please let me know if you need further assistance. If not don't forget to leave a positive rating.

I have done the procedure for Passkey III. The problem is that the security light won't come off, even after half an hour.
The same goes with the other black key.

I am confident that you have a security problem then. The resistor by the ignition switch is the most common failure. A scan tool is the best way to diagnose.

okay, I'll try this now and I ll be back!

OK

Scanning result : the vehicles has no codes. Everything's okay...

Did you go to a parts store and get it scanned or have the security system scanned for codes? Need to see security data as well

I only have a generic tool called Creader VII. I suppose it can't scan security codes.
I would like to add : I can hear the fuel pump for a few seconds when the ignition is on...

The fact that the security light is on is the part that needs to be fixed. The injectors will not pulse until security is fixed. Your creader will not read security codes

Is there another way to get the codes, by the way of the dashboard ?

No there is not.

OK So I must ask someone who has the right scanner.
I ll come back to you then.

The most likely failure is the resistor in the ignition switch.

I have attached a link to a bypass. If you dont want to do this I understand. I just wanted to put it as an option. Please be advised. I have seen this procedure do permanent damage where the BCM must be replaced if you ever want the system to work as designed again. Use with caution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r9svRLEA6w&list=PLjvhXrbbxpDMxCxQQkPvYKlqYmab2I58x

I ve heard of these bypass. If I can do without it would be better. According to you, if I replac the ignition switch it will work ? Will I need to buy other electronic modules?

You need the sensor on the ignition switch for the pass key

Hi Sam,I have seen the video of the silverado by pass you gave me. But this one seems more accurate because it is related to a Blazer. So we have cut the yellow one and stripped the orange/black one. We have found 960 k ohms. I m going to buy a resistor that fits this value . Am I right ?Thanks

yes

Tool Hut
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician