Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Up front under climate controll trying to get to linkage I

Customer Question

Up front under climate controll trying to get to linkage I have all forward gears but no reverse
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Can you please explain what it is you are trying to do, are you having a problem with your climate control or the transmission. Post back with complete details and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Ron I have been work couldn't reply until now I lost reverse in the car I still have all forward gears the shifter however is looser I think the linkage as come undone what is the the best way to see if that is the problem
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Start with having a helper shift the shiftier through all the gears while you take a look at where it connect to the transmission to see if its selecting all the gears. See the adjustment steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Shift%20adjustment%20Aug%2018.pdf