Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2007 Cadillac DTS has electrical problems. The battery…

Customer Question
My 2007 Cadillac DTS has...
My 2007 Cadillac DTS has electrical problems. The battery drains after shutoff
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
8/16/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

Drive the vehicle 10 minutes, then park it. If there is a hood light, then disable it. Remove the negative battery cable and connect a multimeter set to DC milliamps to the negative post and cable. Return 30 minutes later. An acceptable drain is 70 mA or less, if its more then remove the main fuses one by one leaving them out. Watch for a drastic drop in the draw, till you find the circuit that drops the draw. If needed remove the interior fuses but do this with the doors closed.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Cadillac Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

My name is ***** ***** I see that Chris opted out. DO you still need assistance?