Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 2005 cadilac srx and no power steering i replace

Customer Question
hi i have a 2005...
hi i have a 2005 cadilac srx and no power steering i replace pump and rock and pinion steel no power steering
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
8/15/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician

With increased RPM is there any steering assist?

Did you bleed the air from the system?

No power steering is dead no difference when I increase rpm and yes I bleed the system

Since there is zero assist the next step is to pressure and flow test your new pump to go ahead and rule it out. Then the lines need to be blown out to check for a restriction, preventing fluid flow.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

It has pressure and lines is clear

Thanks for doing that test. This means the rack you installed is faulty.

Second one? There is some valve on a rock and pinion I don't know what is that maybe that's the problem or control unit which controls this valve?

Did your replacement rack not come with a new pressure control valve?

You did not mention any warning lights or messages on. If this valve is being controlled incorrect where should be a driver alert.

Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician