Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I just purchased a used 2000 Cadillac DTS everything seems

Customer Question
to be perfect and it...
I just purchased a used 2000 Cadillac DTS everything seems to be perfect and it kept $39 59,000 miles on it and the stop engine low low oil pressure light came on it does not appear to be short of oil
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
8/12/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
HI,
If it is not making a noise such as knocking or clacking at idle or when slightly revving the engine, then it is likely the oil pressure sensor. If it is making a noise, then a possible oil pump issue.
To confirm, the oil pressure sensor should be removed and a mechanical oil pressure gage installed in its place and actual pressure checked to see if it is within specs.
The oil pressure sensor is located on the side of the oil filter housing that the oil filter screws onto.
Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager