Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

2006 cts 3.6 had check engine light on showed miss in

Customer Question

2006 cts 3.6 had check engine light on showed miss in cylinder 6. Replaced plug and coil cleared codes. Couple weeks later light back. Pulled codes shoes p0300 ultimate misfire and code for miss on cylinder 5 and cylinder 2. Pulled upper intake replaced all plugs and coil on 2 and 5 . Light back on showing p0300 ?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the engine is actually misfiring I would consider professionally cleaning the injectors as well as doing an upper intake induction cleaning with some sea foam and see if this help, there are known issues with dirty injector causing this type of misfire ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will clean injectors. Explain induction cleaning of upper intake please ?

Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Terry, an induction service consists of taking a produce such as sea foam and feeding it into the intake through a cauum port while the engine is running, doing so cleans the tops of the valves form any carbon build over . Most auto parts stores sell the knot and the cleaner for doing this.