Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

I have a 91 cadillac seville 95,000 miles. 4.9. I got it

Customer Question
this way. It wont idle...
I have a 91 cadillac seville 95,000 miles. 4.9. I got it this way. It wont idle and barely starts runs ruff i have tested all injectors found one bad and i replaced it compresion is all above 150 lbs. Put new plugs and wires on it and cap and rotor. Still the same. Im gussing ecm but not sure. I unpluged it and pluged back in no change i have cleand all grounds no change..
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
Answered in 1 day by:
8/10/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing could likely be a failing ECM but I would also make sure you have proper fuel pressure (32 to 38 PSI ) and I would also make sure there is no restriction in the exhaust system before you consider replacing the ECM.
Fuel pressure was 42 .44 lbs . Exhaust checked out good. I found a bad fuse and was able to get it to idle. But still have missfire on 3 and 8. Checked ig coil and it was bad so replaced and nothing changed . I replaced hall effect, pickup assembly, ignition module and put it back together and it burnt the new coil out again. I heard a bad connection in the red power wire could be the cuase but ran out of time last nite.
Ok

Okay so are you saying the problem is resolved?

Ok no car wont start now after rebuilding distributor. Coil still making a spark of the white wire bout to go double check everything i did
Ok

Okay recheck the spark as well as injector pulse , if you have both as well as proper fuel pressure the engine should start and run normally.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician