Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2002 Cadillac Deville DHS theft system seems to be

Customer Question

2002 Cadillac Deville DHS theft system seems to be preventing the car from starting. Ground cable is good, battery is charged, wiring and fuses look good. Car had set for 6 months with the battery disconnected and has quit on us twice. Towed it to a Chevy dealer, they had no clue as the tow truck ride healed the problem. Vehicle only has 26k on it. The car is now in the driveway not starting. Interestingly the key fob remote or door controls will not operate the trunk or door lock. I swapped the ignition relay in the front fuse block with the fan relay to no avail. Other functions of the car work fine. Thanks, Jim
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still have the problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is urgent as it's the only car I have and I'm out of state. I've had this car towed once already and the Chevy dealer was no help as there are no Cadillac dealers close. Cars been down 2 days already.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please don't bother anymore. I waited over 24 hours and no help. I called a tow truck.

Your symptoms point that of a faulty BCM. Had anyone checked this yet.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris