Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a Cadillac CTS the check engine light will blink and

Customer Question

I have a Cadillac CTS the check engine light will blink and it runs with miss I
Changed all plugs and coils and injectors and still have miss it looks like number one cylinder didn't change fuel filter because it was changed in October what can cause a miss that only happens some times I have pulled the coil wire off number one and its like dead could it be in engine or what
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved. Did you test coil for good spark?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I put all new coils
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It started with the check engine light blinking and would miss then it would stop blinking and run good I changed coils plugs and injectord
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Do you know what diagnostic codes your getting? Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can't see the new parts creating the same miss I took it to auto zone and it said miss on number one
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that was after changed plugs and coils that's why changed injectors
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does seem to be a little noisy bye one when missing
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Next step would be to use a spark tester on cylinder 1 coil to verify its getting good spark if not you would want to look at working or PCM problems. If good then do a noid light on number 1 injector to verify it gets good pulse if not wiring or PCM problem. If both are good then the next step is to do a compression test and cylinder leak down test which would determine if you have a valve problem. You could also pour some seafoam into cylinder 1 engine, let it sit over night to soak so it can clan up any possible carbon deposits on valves. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well on number one when its running bad have unplugged the coil and no change in running it does seem to be like something kicks in and then it will idle right
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like a wiring/connection problem on injector wiring but to know for sure you would need to test spark during the problem. You could just run new wire between PCM and coil but that is somewhat overkill without verifying the problem. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
I am not able to make the call right now but if you have more questions I am happy to continue chat. Thanks!