Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

1988 cad. cimarron. dash lights flash. idle is up and down

Customer Question
cooling fan runs. i was...
1988 cad. cimarron. dash lights flash. idle is up and down cooling fan runs. i was told tail light fuse. didnt fix it ?????
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
8/1/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Tool Hut
Tool Hut, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, My Name is***** have over 20 years experience repairing vehicles. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resoloution. I also do not work in an office awaiting your reply. I run a small business and will do my best to answer quickly. Depending on the day and time there may be a delay in getting back to you.Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same.

Do the dash lights flash and idle coincide? Or is it 2 separate symptoms?

they coincide. it says ERROR on the dash also
it starts and runs. dash lights flash idle races up and down. and cooling fans come on

Do you have voltmeter? Can you monitor battery voltage while engine is running? hopefully while it is acting up.Do you have any trouble codes?

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician