FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

Cadillac SLS: My 97 sls is throwing an 0300 code. I have replaced

Customer Question

My 97 sls is throwing an 0300 code. I have replaced the manifold gaskets, plugs, EGR valve, throttle position sensor, pressure tested the cat, replaced the fuel pump and filter. Is it possible the crank position sensors are causing this issue?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me how the car is running with the light on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Service engine light is on. Noticeable miss fire condition. Engine shudders at idle and on slow acceleration. Noticeable lack of low end power.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. It can definitely be a failing crank sensor. This can be reading incorrectly and causing this. It can also be an air flow sensor issue. This should be cleaned first to see if it helps. Then it may need to be replaced depending on what it is reading with the engine running.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is the process for replacing the crank sensors? I know they are located on the side of the block by the oil filter behind the radiator. Is there an easy process??
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately there is not an easy way to get to them. You typically have to do it blindly and work like a contortionist to get to them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's what I thought. Is it best to go in from the bottom or the top?
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 2 years ago.
I personally think that through the bottom is easier.