Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Cadillac CTS: Hey. I just changed the alternator on a 2006

Customer Question

Hey. I just changed the alternator on a 2006 cadillac cts. The car now starts and runs a few seconds then shut off
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like there may be an aftermarket alarm or immobilizer on the vehicle or the pass key system needs to be reprogrammed. What does the security light do with the key on? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris