Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Cadillac De Ville: Smog light is on 2003 Cad. Sedan De Ville

Customer Question

Smog light is on 2003 Cad. Sedan De Ville Car runs good but want to eliminate idiot light on dash that cane just after a smog test that
passed
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is Jerry and I will be happy to assist you today. ….There are many areas in the power train controls that will make the light come on or flash. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in. Normally Autozone will read the codes for free and even tell you the area of concern, as well as clear the code out of the computer..You will want to be sure that the fuel cap is tight. A loose cap will set an EVAC code in the PCM.…..The code(s) can only be cleared with a scan tool. Not only a parts store can clear it but any shop with a scan tool..When we know the code(s) then we will have a better understanding as to what the cause may be.. Thanks.