Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Cadillac Catera: Oil leaking into radiator. Why and what do

Customer Question
Oil leaking into radiator. Why...
Oil leaking into radiator. Why and what do we do to fix it? Car is an 1997 Cadillac Catera
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
7/21/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today..That could be a cracked head or block.. The first thing that you want to do is check the cooling system for any exhaust gases. Make sure that it’s full first. There is a tester for that, that you can get from Autozone for about $20. They will normally lend you the tester and you just buy the fluid for about $8. It comes with instructions, but there is a blue fluid that is used in it, if the fluid turns yellow, that is exhaust gases. . Block tester available is: Napa BK.(###) ###-#### ***** Tester AUTOZONE Part Number:27145 http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Tools/Block-Tester/_/N-25dh?filterByKeyWord=block+tester&fromString=search .*****You will want to check it at different RPM’s and at different temperatures*** ... If there are any exhaust gases in the cooling system, that will cause more pressure than desired and will allow the engine to burn coolant and/or heat the coolant up too high. Most times not filling the crankcase with coolant either and not smoke out the exhaust. If there are, then there would be an internal engine problem, like a head gasket or head. ..Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here..
Jerry, Master Mechanic