Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Cadillac CTS: We are having issues with bank 2 sensor 2 on

Customer Question
We are having issues with...
We are having issues with bank 2 sensor 2 on our 2003 Cadillac CTS. Just recently replaced the O2 sensor and catalytic converter and still getting the same codes: PO160 PO161, P1795 P1779
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
7/18/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician replied 2 years ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Bank 2 sensor 2 is obviously still giving trouble. I'd be verifying this on the scan tool, the codes tell us that there are two issues: no activity, meaning the voltage just stays still (it should move rapidly between 0-1V when the engine is running), and the heater resistance is open. On the surface, it sounds like the sensor is disconnected, but I'm sure you plugged it in. Follow the wiring toward the engine and see if you can find any places where the wiring is damaged. If this persists, you may have a faulty ECM. The other two codes refer to a communication problem between ECM and TCM, and one of those two modules is likely bad. It may be that a faulty ECM is responsible for everything going on here, it certainly seems viable.
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician