Cadillac

Cadillac repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Cadillac XLR: CK ENGINE CODE C0161 CAN YOU HELP?

Customer Question
CK ENGINE CODE C0161...
CK ENGINE CODE C0161 CAN YOU HELP?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
7/10/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech - replied 2 years ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
The C0161 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a problem with the Brake Pedal Position Sensor. The sensor is located at the top of the brake pedal arm, under the driver's side dash. (Click Here for image). Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. Inspect the sensor mount and contact points for any broken or misaligned parts. If the visual inspection checks ok, most commonly, the sensor is faulty and will need to be replaced. Please remember, your rating is required. Leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer and let me know how my service was today! You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.