Cadillac

Cadillac Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Cadillac

Cadillac Deville: My uncle's car runs great and all of a sudden

Customer Question
My uncle's car runs great...
My uncle's car runs great and all of a sudden it revs up all on its own. He has to cut it off, wait a few minutes, then can restart it. He has taken it to several dealerships and spent several thousand dollars and no one has yet to fix it? Any ideas what it could possibly be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Cadillac
7/9/2015
Cadillac Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Hello I will help you with your question, Have any repairs been attempted to correct this issue? How long has the problem been happening?
As I stated in the initial communication, yes repairs have been attempted but it has not been corrected. It has been going on for the past few years. He has taken it to several dealerships and no one has been able to fix the problem.
What has been done? Bring me up to speed so I am not in the dark and suggesting the same things that have already been tried.
Thanks
I am not sure what has been tried or what has been done. It is my uncles car and I only know what he has told me. He is wanting to get rid of it because of the problem. All I was wanting to know is if there is a specific reason this is happening or if there is a long list of things that could be causing this.
This has been going on a long while and I have no idea of what has been tried at several dealerships for several thousand dollars worth of work so I will OPT OUT of your question
Sorry I cannot help
Well, thanks for your time. I think I will OPT OUT as well from the Cadillac Experts. Most mechanics I have ever spoken with will usually have some kind of an opinion as to what may cause a problem. If I had said that it just started doing this and no other mechanic had tried to fix it, what would you have suggested? All I was asking is what could be causing this.
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician