Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Cadillac Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Cadillac Diagnostics
18617752

Cadillac Deville: 96 Cadillac Deville a/c fan will not shut

Customer Question

96 Cadillac Deville a/c fan will not shut off including when the car is off. Will shut off only for seconds and then continues to run. Drains the battery.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place...When the Blower Motor continues to run even with the ignition off, this is most commonly due to a problem with the Heat-A/C Programmer. It's located behind the passenger's side dash (click here for image). To gain proper access, the glove compartment will need to be removed. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken, damaged or melted wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the Programmer should solve the problem. Please remember, your rating is required. Leave a rating using the rating system at the top of this page or accept the answer and let me know how my service was today! You can ask follow-up questions any time, even after you rate or accept.